Saturday, November 26, 2016

Repurpose Ikea Furniture with Fleur Chalk Paint


While expecting my baby girl, I needed to prepare her room. Like we had just move to a new appartment, from the previous one I had an extra Ikea Molger Shelving Unit that I no longer wanted. At the time, I was watching a tv show in which they painted almost anything with chalk paint. So I decided to give it a try and repurpose it with some chalk paint.

I bought Fleur Pretty Ballerina and finish it with it mat varnish.



I also decided  to paint  the Ikea Sniglar Changing Table.


I really enjoyed painting these two pieces of furniture, it was quite easy to do. The only thing I found most difficult was applying the varnish. For some reason, while applying the varnish with a Fleur brush, the layers of paint moved a bit. It's not something easy to see in the final result, but I know it's there. Here is a close view:






This is my first project with chalk paint and not my last ;-)

Love,

   

No comments:

Post a Comment